Realty Network Group is the foremost real estate agency in Northeastern Pennsylvania (NEPA) that features homes for sale in Scranton, PA. We specialize in matching homebuyers like you with home sellers in the local area. We can make your home purchase smoother and simpler through our in-depth experience in real estate and marketing tech. Learn a little more about Scranton, PA real estate and everything the area has to offer below.
Real Estate and Houses for Sale Scranton, PA
Facts about Scranton, PA
Scranton is the county seat of Lackawanna and a charming city with lots to offer. With a population of 77,054 residents (2019), Scranton is the sixth-largest city in Pennsylvania.
Scranton has been known as “the Electric City” since developing the revolutionary electric-operated trolley system in the late 1880’s. Though the system no longer runs, the city maintains the nickname. The city also houses the Steamtown National Historic Site, where century-old locomotives are on display in a former rail yard.
Things to do in and around Scranton, PA
You will never run out of exciting things to do in Scranton, PA:
- Enjoy nature at its finest with the parks in Scranton: Nay Aug Park, Weston Field, and Tripp Park. You can also visit the famous McDade Park, home to the Lackawanna Coal Mine Tour, where a mine car descends into the tunnels and you can explore them as well.
- Go museum hopping at the Houdini Museum, Tour & Magic Show, Anthracite Heritage Museum and the Everhart Museum. Don’t miss the Electric City Trolley Museum and enjoy its interactive exhibits and vintage trolleys.
- Go on great adventures and have loads of fun at the Lackawanna Coal Mine Tour, The Pavilion at Montage Mountain, the Electric City Aquarium & Reptile Den and Bee’s Backyard at the Marketplace at Steamtown.
- Get a dose of culture as you enjoy Broadway shows at the historic Scranton Cultural Center at the Masonic Temple. And did we mention First Friday Scranton?
- Watch batters show off their skills at live games of the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Railriders, a Triple-A affiliate team of the New York Yankees.
- The Riverfront Sports Complex is the premier destination in Northeastern Pennsylvania for youth athletics and training.
- Play a round of golf at the nearby Pine Hills Golf Course or the Country Club of Scranton.
- Test your axe throwing skills at Scranton’s first and only axe throwing range, Electric City Axe Throwing.
- Big fan of “The Office” TV series? Book a Self-Guided Walking Tour of The Office and relive this classic show.
- Scranton has a delectable variety of food and drinks to choose from.
- Check out the official calendar of events and festivals and join the fun.
School Districts in Scranton, PA
Scranton, PA has only one school district, the Scranton School District. Within it, there are 16 schools, including elementary schools, middle schools and high schools. In total, the school district encompasses 26 square miles.
Tools for Homebuyers in Scranton, PA
Finding a home isn’t always easy, but with these tools we hope to take some stress away from the process:
- Find a Real Estate Agent Near Me: If you are still looking for a property and would like to be assisted all the way through, the right REALTOR® in Scranton, PA can help you.
- Guide for First-Time Homebuyers: This is a compilation of the best advice for those looing to buy their first home in Scranton, PA.
- FREE Homebuyer Consultation: Try a no-obligation consultation with an expert REALTOR® to help you find the perfect one among the results for “homes for sale near me” in Scranton.
- Homebuyer Frequently Asked Questions: This is a handy resource for anything you need to clarify regarding homebuying in the Scranton area.
More Real Estate Search Options
Searching online for “houses for sale near me,” or “homes for sale near me,” can take you various places. Fortunately, we’ve researched real estate for all the main areas of NEPA and presented them here for you:
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Archbald, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Carbondale, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Clarks Summit, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Dickson City, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Dunmore, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Factoryville, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Moscow, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Old Forge, PA
- Commercial Properties for Sale Near Scranton, PA