Realty Network Group is the foremost real estate agency in Northeastern Pennsylvania (NEPA) that features houses for sale in Scranton, PA. We specialize in matching homebuyers like you with home sellers in the local area. We can make your home purchase smoother and simpler through our in-depth experience in real estate and marketing tech. Search houses for sale in Scranton, PA and learn a little more about the area as well.
Houses for Sale Scranton, PA
Find an Agent in and around Scranton, PA
Facts about Scranton, PA
Scranton is the county seat of Lackawanna and a charming city with lots to offer. With a population of 77,054 residents (2019), Scranton is the sixth-largest city in Pennsylvania.
Scranton has been known as “the Electric City” since developing the revolutionary electric-operated trolley system in the late 1880’s. Though the system no longer runs, the city maintains the nickname. The city also houses the Steamtown National Historic Site, where century-old locomotives are on display in a former rail yard. Scranton is emerging from many of the challenges the city faces and with organizations like Scranton Tomorrow assisting in its revitalization, the future looks bright.
Things to do in and around Scranton, PA
You will never run out of exciting things to do in Scranton, PA:
- Enjoy nature at its finest with the parks in Scranton: Nay Aug Park, Weston Field, and Tripp Park. You can also visit the famous McDade Park, home to the Lackawanna Coal Mine Tour, where a mine car descends into the tunnels and you can explore them as well.
- Go museum hopping at the Houdini Museum, Tour & Magic Show, Anthracite Heritage Museum and the Everhart Museum. Don’t miss the Electric City Trolley Museum and enjoy its interactive exhibits and vintage trolleys.
- Go on great adventures and have loads of fun at the Lackawanna Coal Mine Tour, The Pavilion at Montage Mountain, the Electric City Aquarium & Reptile Den and Bee’s Backyard at the Marketplace at Steamtown.
- Get a dose of culture as you enjoy Broadway shows at the historic Scranton Cultural Center at the Masonic Temple. And did we mention First Friday Scranton?
- Watch batters show off their skills at live games of the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Railriders, a Triple-A affiliate team of the New York Yankees.
- The Riverfront Sports Complex is the premier destination in Northeastern Pennsylvania for youth athletics and training.
- Play a round of golf at the nearby Pine Hills Golf Course or the Country Club of Scranton.
- Test your axe throwing skills at Scranton’s first and only axe throwing range, Electric City Axe Throwing.
- Big fan of “The Office” TV series? Book a Self-Guided Walking Tour of The Office and relive this classic show.
- Scranton has a delectable variety of food and drinks to choose from.
- Check out the official calendar of events and festivals and join the fun.
School Districts in Scranton, PA
Scranton, PA has only one school district, the Scranton School District. Within it, there are 16 schools, including elementary schools, middle schools and high schools. In total, the school district encompasses 26 square miles.
Tools for Homebuyers in Scranton, PA
Finding a home isn’t always easy, but with these tools we hope to take some stress away from the process:
- Find a Real Estate Agent Near Me: If you are still looking for a property and would like to be assisted all the way through, the right REALTOR® in Scranton, PA can help you.
- Guide for First-Time Homebuyers: This is a compilation of the best advice for those looing to buy their first home in Scranton, PA.
- FREE Homebuyer Consultation: Try a no-obligation consultation with an expert REALTOR® to help you find the perfect one among the results for “homes for sale near me” in Scranton.
- Homebuyer Frequently Asked Questions: This is a handy resource for anything you need to clarify regarding homebuying in the Scranton area.
Home Inspectors in and around Scranton, PA
Have you purchased a home in Scranton or are in the process of doing so? Hiring one of these inspectors will give you some peace of mind as you take one step closer toward becoming a homeowner:
- Berardellihi Home Inspection — 1639 Newton Ransom Blvd, Clarks Summit, PA 18411 — Tom Berardelli — 570-351-7994
- National Property Inspections — 379 Aston Mountain Rd, Spring Brook Twp, PA 18444 — Tyler Long — 570-763-9628
- Total Inspection Solutions, LLC — P.O. Box 587, Dunmore, PA 18512 — Bob Petrillo — 570-335-4073
More Real Estate Search Options
Searching online for “houses for sale near me,” or “homes for sale near me,” can take you various places. Fortunately, we’ve researched real estate for all the main areas of NEPA and presented them here for you:
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Archbald, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Carbondale, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale Clarks Summit, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Dickson City, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Dunmore, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Factoryville, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Jessup, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Moscow, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Old Forge, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Pittston, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Tunkhannock, PA
- Commercial Properties for Sale Near Scranton, PA
- Lake Houses for Sale Near Scranton, PA
Why are people moving to Scranton, PA?
Scranton, Pennsylvania holds many job opportunities for young professionals making it a great place to live. Additionally, Scranton holds a diverse culture, multiple universities and isn’t too far from either New York City or Philadelphia.
Why is Scranton so famous?
Scranton, a city located in Northeastern Pennsylvania, has become quite famous over the years. Known for being one of the first cities in the country to use electricity and developing the revolutionary electric-operated trolley system in 1886, it earned the nickname “The Electric City.” The city also has a rich past as an industrial center for iron and coal production, and its diverse population has contributed to its vibrant arts community. Today, Scranton is known for its connection to the popular television show, The Office, which was set in the city. While the show’s portrayal of Scranton may not be entirely accurate, it has brought attention to the city and its many attractions that celebrate its heritage and ethnic diversity.
What is the main industry in Scranton, PA?
Scranton, Pennsylvania has come a long way from being a one-industry town. While it was once dominated by manufacturing enterprises, primarily in the nondurable goods sector, the city has seen tremendous growth in recent years driven by successful businesses like manufacturing from several nearby factories, as well as retail and hospitality. Scranton is also now home to a growing downtown business district and several institutions of higher education, including The University of Scranton, Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine, Lackawanna College and Marywood University. The metro area also boasts a large number of education and health-related careers, along with prevalent manufacturing, construction, trade and transportation careers. Overall, Scranton’s economy is diversified and making a comeback, making it a great place to live and work.
Does Scranton have mountains?
Yes. The charming town of Scranton is nestled in the heart of the Pocono Mountains, part of the Appalachians, which offers panoramic mountain views.