Realty Network Group is the leading real estate agency in Northeastern Pennsylvania (NEPA) that features homes for sale in Factoryville, PA. We specialize in matching homebuyers like you with home sellers in the local area. Discovering homes for sale and REALTORS® in Factoryville, PA might seem intimidating — luckily, we’ve done all the hard work for you. Find homes for sale and learn a little about the local area as well.
Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Factoryville, PA
Facts about Factoryville, PA
Factoryville is a borough in Wyoming County, Pennsylvania, United States. The population was 1,292 in 2019. Factoryville was named for a woolen factory near the original town site.
The second Saturday in August every year is recognized as a holiday in Factoryville. Christy Mathewson Day celebrates the baseball Hall-of-Famer who was born in Factoryville on August 12, 1880. The festivities include a parade from Keystone College to Christy Mathewson Park, a 6 km foot race (in honor of Mathewson’s nickname, “The Big 6”), a chicken barbecue, games and many other activities.
Things To Do in and around Factoryville, PA
If you’re looking for houses for sale in Factoryville, PA, you’ll be pleased to know that there are a wealth of things to do while living here, including:
- Lake Winola: Lake Winola is located in the Endless Mountains in Northeastern Pennsylvania. This spring-fed lake is named after the “water lily” and can be traced to Native Americans, who were its first residents. The Scranton, Montrose, and Binghamton Railroad, also known as the Northern Electric Trolley Line, built a branch line from Factoryville to Lake Winola, which opened in May 1908. Lake Winola has been and continues to be a popular summer spot for vacationers from Scranton and other surrounding communities since the early 1900s.
- Little Rocky Glen: This nature preserve, though somewhat diminutive, is big on beauty. It’s a great place to rest and take in the sights and sounds of nature. It’s owned and protected by the Countryside Conservancy and it encompasses a shale and sandstone gorge, about one hundred feet deep. Located just off Route 6, along Lithia Valley Road. Trails lead from the parking lot to cliffs overlooking the glen and down to a bottom pool and a picnic pavilion.
- Countryside Conservancy Trolley Trail: This segment of the trail passes through town and behind Keystone College’s campus. Take a walk or bike ride on this 1.7-mile stretch along the old Northern Electric Trolley railbed. Close-by one can appreciate a day at Christy Mathewson Park and Creekside Park.
- Lake Sheridan: Although this lake is about half the size of Lake Winola, it’s a great place to enjoy the summer, fishing, fireworks and more. It’s located on Route 107 between Factoryville and Fleetville.
- Stone Hedge Golf Course: A great place to play a round of golf, have a bite to eat or experience arguably the area’s finest Christmas light display, the Festival of Lights.
- Nicholson Bridge: With 167,000 cubic yards of concrete, the Tunkhannock Creek Viaduct, which finished completion in 1915, still remains the world’s largest concrete bridge. Did you know former President Theodore Roosevelt, Thomas Edison and Henry Ford all came to visit this wonder of the world? Stop by today and check out this one-of-a-kind bridge.
School Districts in Factoryville, PA
The Lackawanna Trail School District is a public Pennsylvania school district. It serves Nicholson Borough, Nicholson Township, Clinton Township and Factoryville Borough in Wyoming County and Dalton Borough, La Plume Township, Benton Township and West Abington Township in Lackawanna County. The school district encompasses approximately 72.43 square miles and serves a resident population of 8,671. The district has one (K-6) elementary school located on College Avenue, Factoryville and one (7-12) high school on Tunnel Hill Road, Factoryville.
View available properties and houses for sale in the Lackawanna Trail School District.
Tools for Homebuyers in Factoryville, PA
It’s not always easy to find houses for sale, but you may find these tools useful:
- Find a Real Estate Agent Near Me: If you are still looking for a property and would like to be assisted all the way through, the right REALTOR® in Factoryville, PA can help you.
- Guide for First-Time Homebuyers: This is a compilation of the best advice for those looking to buy their first home in Factoryville.
- FREE Homebuyer Consultation: Try a no-obligation consultation with an expert REALTOR® to help you find the perfect one among the search results for “homes for sale near me” in Factoryville.
- Homebuyer Frequently Asked Questions: This is a handy resource for anything you need to clarify regarding homebuying in the Factoryville area.
More Real Estate Search Options
Searching online for “houses for sale near me,” or “homes for sale near me,” can take you various places. Fortunately, we’ve researched real estate for all the main areas of NEPA and presented them here for you:
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Archbald, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Carbondale, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Clarks Summit, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Dickson City, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Dunmore, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Moscow, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Old Forge, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Scranton, PA
- Commercial Properties for Sale Near Factoryville, PA