Realty Network Group is the premier real estate agency in Northeastern Pennsylvania (NEPA) that features houses for sale in Jessup, PA. We specialize in matching homebuyers like you with home sellers in the local area. Researching homes for sale and REALTORS® in Jessup, PA might seem like a unnerving task — luckily, we’ve done all the hard work for you. Find homes for sale and learn a little about the local area as well.
Houses for Sale Jessup, PA
Find an Agent in and around Jessup, PA
Facts about Jessup, PA
Jessup is a borough in Lackawanna County, Pennsylvania and has a population of 4,415 (2020).
Settled in 1849, the town of Jessup was named after Judge William Jessup. The early 1890s were very significant for the little town, as numerous new mining operations were opened. Shortly after these were opened, immigrants from Europe were lured to the area by the work available in the booming anthracite coal fields.
Things To Do in and around Jessup, PA
If you’re looking for houses for sale in Jessup, PA, you’ll be pleased to know that there are plenty of things to do while living here, including:
- Saint Ubaldo Day (la Festa dei Ceri): Every Saturday of Memorial Day weekend, thousands flock to Jessup to celebrate, the “Running of the Saints” – one of the world’s oldest and most beloved traditions. Similar to Festa dei Ceri held in Gubbio, Italy, which takes place every May 15th, Sant’Ubaldo Day in Jessup also honors the life of the patron saint and protector of Gubbio, Saint Ubaldo Baldassini. The NEPA version of the Festa was brought to this community in 1909 to further preserve the tradition, which had been left behind by many immigrants traveling to America. This event, full of passion, is certainly a celebration of ancestry in this community!
- Eales Preserve: Located on a ridge of Moosic Mountain, the Dick & Nancy Eales Nature Preserve is a popular site for nature lovers, birdwatching, hiking and photography, among other things. Come and see the beautiful scenery and breathtaking views.
- Moosic Lakes: The high point in Lackawanna County is also a nature preserve. This private community consists of two spring-fed lakes (the larger of the two is 86 acres in size) and gorgeous scenery atop Moosic Mountain.
- Jessup Memorial Field Park & Kids Korner: Community space and a great place to take your family/children. It includes a walking/jogging trail, baseball fields and courts.
- Lackawanna River Heritage Trail: The Mid Valley section of the trail passes just to the north of town, where an abundance of nature and wildlife is prevalent here. The Laurel Street Trailhead is a popular section of the trail and the Lackawanna River, where people launch their kayaks. Wildlife common to this area include beaver, river otters and American bald eagles.
- Maiolatesi Wine Cellars: Arguably the top winery destination in Northeastern Pennsylvania, this family winery features a Tuscan-inspired space for tastings & by-reservation pizza dinners on Fridays. Discover other NEPA wineries here.
- Ritter’s Cider Mill: Celebrate autumn with a fresh glass of apple cider and the sugary smell of cider donuts. Ritter’s offers fabulous treats and fun activities for the kids to enjoy during the fall season.
- Holiday Time: During the season leading up to Christmas, make sure to visit the Peckville Christmas House.
School Districts in Jessup, PA
The Valley View School District serves the boroughs of Jessup, Archbald and Blakely in Lackawanna County, Pennsylvania. The district encompasses 27 square miles, where The Valley View School District operates four schools: Valley View Elementary Center, Valley View Intermediate School, Valley View Middle School and Valley View High School.
View available properties and houses for sale in the Valley View School District.
Tools for Homebuyers in Jessup, PA
It’s not always easy to find houses for sale, but you may find these tools useful:
- Find a Real Estate Agent Near Me: If you are still looking for a property and would like to be assisted all the way through, the right REALTOR® in Jessup, PA can help you.
- Guide for First-Time Homebuyers: This is a compilation of the best advice for those looking to buy their first home in Jessup.
- FREE Homebuyer Consultation: Try a no-obligation consultation with an expert REALTOR® to help you find the perfect one among the search results for “homes for sale near me” in Jessup.
- Homebuyer Frequently Asked Questions: This is a handy resource for anything you need to clarify regarding homebuying in the Jessup area.
Home Inspectors in and around Jessup, PA
Have you purchased a home in Jessup or are in the process of doing so? Hiring one of these inspectors will give you some peace of mind as you take one step closer toward becoming a homeowner:
- Berardellihi Home Inspection — 1639 Newton Ransom Blvd, Clarks Summit, PA 18411 — Tom Berardelli — 570-351-7994
- National Property Inspections — 379 Aston Mountain Rd, Spring Brook Twp, PA 18444 — Tyler Long — 570-763-9628
- Total Inspection Solutions, LLC — P.O. Box 587, Dunmore, PA 18512 — Bob Petrillo — 570-335-4073
More Real Estate Search Options
Searching online for “houses for sale near me,” or “homes for sale near me,” can take you various places. Fortunately, we’ve researched real estate for all the main areas of NEPA and presented them here for you:
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Archbald, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Carbondale, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Clarks Summit, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Dickson City, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Dunmore, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Factoryville, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Moscow, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Old Forge, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Pittston, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Scranton, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Tunkhannock, PA
- Commercial Properties for Sale Near Jessup, PA
- Lake Houses for Sale Near Scranton, PA
Where is Jessup, PA located?
Jessup is situated in northeastern Pennsylvania, about 40 miles from the New York–New Jersey border, making it an ideal location for those who love to explore nearby cities.
Is Jessup a good place to live?
According to Livability rankings, Jessup scores well in categories such as cost of living and crime rates. The median household income is also above the national average. Overall, Jessup provides a comfortable and affordable lifestyle for its residents.
What is the population of Jessup, PA?
Jessup, Pennsylvania has a population around 4,500 (2021).