Realty Network Group is a leading real estate agency that offers houses for sale in Dunmore, PA to homebuyers like you. Our team can connect you with local sellers through our expertise in real estate and marketing tech. Read on to learn more about houses for sale and things to do in the Dunmore, PA area.
Houses for Sale Dunmore, PA
Find an Agent in and around Dunmore, PA
Facts about Dunmore, PA
Dunmore is a borough in Northeastern Pennsylvania that adjoins Scranton in Lackawanna County.
The pioneering settlers populated Dunmore in 1835. The territory encompassing Dunmore was purchased from the natives by the Susquehanna Company of Connecticut in 1754. After the township of Providence was dissolved in 1875, a portion of the former township eventually became the borough which is known today as Dunmore.
The area has a total size of 9 square miles and a population of 13,111 in 2019. Though it is a small city, there are plenty of amenities here and nearby to enjoy.
Things To Do in and around Dunmore, PA
These are some of the educational and exciting things that you can do in Dunmore, PA:
- Museums: You can tour the close-by Everhart Museum and Steamtown National Historic Site, which showcases museums, workshops and train rides that highlight the importance of the steam railroad in American history. You can also visit the Harry Houdini Museum Tour & Magic Show in nearby Scranton.
- Lake Scranton and Nay Aug Park: Nature lovers and fitness enthusiasts alike can go walking or running on these proximate trails and paths.
- PNC Field: You can catch a baseball game and other athletic events in this close-by sports venue.
- Lost Trails ATV Adventures: You can ride ATVs and dirt bikes in this motorsports compound.
- The Wonderstone Gallery: You can choose from unique gifts, jewelry, books, clothes, stones and crystals that you can purchase.
- Dunmore Cemetery Tour: You can join walking and riding tours in this landmark cemetery.
- United Sports Academy: You can attend this educational institution which provides world-class gymnastics training.
School Districts in Dunmore, PA
The Dunmore School District has three sections that serve the borough of Dunmore: Dunmore Elementary Center, Dunmore Middle School and Dunmore High School. There are two parochial schools in the area: Saint Mary’s of Mount Carmel Elementary School and Holy Cross High School. Post-secondary schools can also be found in this area and include Penn State Scranton and Marywood University.
Tools for Homebuyers in Dunmore, PA
We have compiled these handy tools for the convenience of homebuyers such as yourself:
- Find a Real Estate Agent Near Me: If you are still looking for a property and would like to be assisted all the way through, the right REALTOR® in Dunmore, PA can help you.
- Guide for First-Time Homebuyers: This is a compilation of the best advice for those looking to buy their first home in Dunmore.
- FREE Homebuyer Consultation: Try a no-obligation consultation with an expert REALTOR® to help you find the perfect one among the search results for “homes for sale near me” in Dunmore.
- Homebuyer Frequently Asked Questions: This is a handy resource for anything you need to clarify regarding homebuying in the Dunmore area.
Home Inspectors in and around Dunmore, PA
Have you purchased a home in Dunmore or are in the process of doing so? Hiring one of these inspectors will give you some peace of mind as you take one step closer toward becoming a homeowner:
- Berardellihi Home Inspection — 1639 Newton Ransom Blvd, Clarks Summit, PA 18411 — Tom Berardelli — 570-351-7994
- National Property Inspections — 379 Aston Mountain Rd, Spring Brook Twp, PA 18444 — Tyler Long — 570-763-9628
- Total Inspection Solutions, LLC — P.O. Box 587, Dunmore, PA 18512 — Bob Petrillo — 570-335-4073
More Real Estate Search Options
Explore your other real estate alternatives in Northeastern Pennsylvania:
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Archbald, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Carbondale, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Clarks Summit, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Dickson City, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Factoryville, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Jessup, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Moscow, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Old Forge, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Pittston, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Scranton, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Tunkhannock, PA
- Commercial Properties for Sale near Dunmore, PA
- Lake Houses for Sale Near Scranton, PA
Where is Dunmore, PA?
Dunmore is a charming borough located just outside Scranton in Lackawanna County, Pennsylvania. It has a population of about 14,000 and is considered one of the better places to live in the state.
Is Dunmore a good place to live?
Dunmore Borough, located in Lackawanna County, is an attractive and welcoming community for those looking for a new place to call home. According to AreaVibes, Dunmore is ranked among the top 912 cities in the United States and better than 96% of other areas. Dunmore is an excellent place to call home for growing families.
What is the population of Dunmore, PA?
The population of Dunmore, Pennsylvania is roughly 14,000 (2021).