Realty Network Group is the emerging real estate agency in Northeastern Pennsylvania (NEPA) that features houses for sale in Pittston, PA. We specialize in matching homebuyers like you with home sellers in the local area. Searching out homes for sale and REALTORS® in Pittston, PA might seem like a difficult task — luckily, we’ve done all the work for you. Find homes for sale and learn a little about the local area as well.
Houses for Sale Pittston, PA
Find an Agent in and around Pittston, PA
Facts about Pittston, PA
Pittston, once home to Revolutionary War skirmishes (Fort Pittston and Fort Jenkins), is a city in Luzerne County, Pennsylvania. It’s situated between Scranton and Wilkes-Barre. The city gained prominence in the late 19th and early 20th centuries as an active anthracite coal mining city, drawing a large portion of its labor force from European immigrants. It’s the fourth largest city in Luzerne County.
At its peak in 1920, the population of Pittston was 18,497. The city consists of three sections: The downtown area, the Oregon section (in the southern end) and the Junction (in the northern end). Pittston City is at the heart of the Greater Pittston region, a 65.35 square mile area. Pittston has a total population of 7,729 (2020).
Things To Do in and around Pittston, PA
If you’re looking for houses for sale in Pittston, PA, you’ll be satisfied to know all that’s nearby. Check out these amenities in the area, including:
- Pittston Tomato Festival: Have you heard of the Quality Tomato Capital of the World? It’s right here in Northeastern PA, specifically Pittston, near Old Forge. During the four-day festival, you can enjoy the parade, participate in a 5K run, experience live entertainment and of course, devour the homemade food! It takes place each August, so be sure to stop on by and purchase those delicious homegrown tomatoes.
- Cambell’s Ledge to Falling Springs Reservoir: This 5.1 mile loop trail is within close reach of town. Campbell’s Ledge is especially close to Duryea and Pittston. If you’re a beginner hiker or an aficionado of nature, check out this trail.
- Susquehanna Brewing Company: This craft brewery, run by sixth generation brewers, might have some of the best beer in the region. Visit their tasting room located in town.
- Mohegan Sun Pocono: This casino, located in Wilkes-Barre, is within very close proximity to Pittston. It features live performances/entertainment, slots, table games, including poker, popular restaurants, shopping, live horse racing, overnight accommodations and much more.
- Lackawanna River Heritage Trail: The Lower Valley section of the trail starts in Pittston and proceeds to Taylor. Take a hike and enjoy the sights and sounds of the area.
- Sky Zone Trampoline Park: If you’re looking to blow off some steam or send your children screaming with excitement, this nearby indoor recreational park features free-style bouncing, exercise programs, dodgeball and more. They’re the originators of wall-to-wall aerial action.
- Frances Slocum State Park: This park features year-round activities, where you can enjoy an afternoon or a weekend. The park consisting of 1,035 acres to explore, is a popular destination for hikers, bikers, fishing, boating, sightseeing and gatherings/picnics. Frances Slocum Lake, a 165-acre, horseshoe-shaped lake, is the focal point of the park.
- Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Railriders: See the rich history of minor league baseball in our area come alive by taking a short drive to PNC Field to catch a game.
- Not To Miss: Other places of interest include Paint N’ Pinot, B3Q Smokehouse (arguably the best barbecue in the region), area golf (Fox Hill Country Club, Four Seasons Golf Club, Glenmaura National Golf Club), Ballyhoo and Duryea Community Park.
School Districts in Pittston, PA
Pittston Area School District (PASD) is a mid-sized school district located in the Greater Pittston area of Luzerne County, Pennsylvania. The school district serves students from the city of Pittston, the boroughs of Avoca, Dupont, Duryea, Hughestown, Yatesville, Jenkins and Pittston townships. Pittston Area School District encompasses approximately 42 square miles.
PASD was created in 1969 by merging Pittston School District, Pittston Township School District, Hughestown School District, Dupont School District, Duryea School District and Avoca School District. The district currently runs four schools: Pittston Area Senior High School in Yatesville (grades 9 through 12), Martin L. Mattei Middle School in Pittston (grades 5 through 8), Pittston Area Intermediate Center in Pittston (grades 2 through 4), Pittston Area Primary School in Hughestown (Kindergarten and first grades).
Tools for Homebuyers in Pittston, PA
It’s not always easy to find houses for sale, but you may find these tools useful:
- Find a Real Estate Agent Near Me: If you are still looking for a property and would like to be assisted all the way through, the right REALTOR® in Pittston, PA can help you.
- Guide for First-Time Homebuyers: This is a compilation of the best advice for those looking to buy their first home in Pittston.
- FREE Homebuyer Consultation: Try a no-obligation consultation with an expert REALTOR® to help you find the perfect one among the search results for “homes for sale near me” in Pittston.
- Homebuyer Frequently Asked Questions: This is a handy resource for anything you need to clarify regarding homebuying in the Pittston area.
Home Inspectors in and around Pittston, PA
Have you purchased a home in Pittston or are in the process of doing so? Hiring one of these inspectors will give you some peace of mind as you take one step closer toward becoming a homeowner:
- Berardellihi Home Inspection — 1639 Newton Ransom Blvd, Clarks Summit, PA 18411 — Tom Berardelli — 570-351-7994
- National Property Inspections — 379 Aston Mountain Rd, Spring Brook Twp, PA 18444 — Tyler Long — 570-763-9628
- Total Inspection Solutions, LLC — P.O. Box 587, Dunmore, PA 18512 — Bob Petrillo — 570-335-4073
More Real Estate Search Options
Searching online for “houses for sale near me,” or “homes for sale near me,” can take you various places. Fortunately, we’ve researched real estate for all the main areas of NEPA and presented them here for you:
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Archbald, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Carbondale, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Clarks Summit, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Dickson City, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Dunmore, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Factoryville, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Jessup, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Moscow, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Old Forge, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Scranton, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Tunkhannock, PA
- Commercial Properties for Sale Near Pittston, PA
- Lake Houses for Sale Near Scranton
What is Pittston, PA famous for?
Main Street in Pittston became the hub of the retail clothing industry in the area. In the 1930s, Pittston was dubbed the “Tomato Capital of the World,” because it fulfilled the high demand for tomatoes by metropolitan New York. It is well-known for its festivals, parades, murals, and of course, tomatoes.
Is Pittston a good place to live?
Pittston is a great place to live. The cost of living in Pittston is 12% lower than the state average, making it an affordable option for those shopping for a home.
What is the population of Pittston, PA?
Pittston, Pennsylvania has approximately 7,585 residents (2021).
Where is Pittston, PA located?
Pittston, Pennsylvania is a city situated between Scranton and Wilkes-Barre. It is located in Luzerne County.