Realty Network Group is the leading real estate agency in Northeastern Pennsylvania (NEPA) that features houses for sale in Dickson City, PA. We specialize in matching homebuyers like you with home sellers in the local area. We can make your home purchase smoother and simpler through our in-depth experience in real estate and marketing tech. Find houses for sale in Dickson, PA, by browsing our highlighted listings. Learn more about the area below. If you’re interested in a property and would like to schedule a tour, drop by our Dickson City location today!
Houses for Sale Dickson City, PA
Residential Lease For Lease
548 Boulevard Avenue, Dickson City, Pennsylvania 18519
Residential For Sale
706 Wilson Court, Dickson City, Pennsylvania 18519
Commercial Sale For Sale
961 Main Street, Dickson City, Pennsylvania 18519
Residential Lease For Lease
1312 Frieda Street, Dickson City, Pennsylvania 18519
Residential Lease For Lease
1310 Frieda Street, Dickson City, Pennsylvania 18519
Land For Sale
US-6 Scranton Carbondale Hwy, Dickson City, Pennsylvania 18519
Find an Agent in and around Dickson City, PA
Facts about Dickson City, PA
Dickson City is located four miles north of Scranton in Lackawanna County, Pennsylvania. The population of Dickson City was 5,802 in 2019.
Formerly known as Priceburg, Dickson City was once heavily reliant on coal mining. Today, the city is named for former Delaware and Hudson Railroad President Thomas Dickson. While coal mining was a major element of its economy in the past, retail has recently had a significant impact.
Things To Do in and around Dickson City, PA
There are plenty of activities for everybody in Dickson City, PA, whether you prefer exploring nature, looking back into history, shopping or having fun with the entire family.
- Family fun: Catch a movie at the Circle Drive-In Theater or visit nearby Lahey Family Fun Park and the Electric City Aquarium & Reptile Den. You could also try out Blakely Borough Recreation Park. There’s also Idle Hour Bowling Lanes (north location). DEFY Scranton is also in Dickson City and is a very popular attraction for kids and families. During the season leading up to Christmas, make sure to visit the Peckville Christmas House.
- Nature adventure: With miles of hiking and biking paths just northeast of Scranton, the close-by Eales Preserve at Moosic Mountain is ideal for getting closer to nature. The Mid Valley section of the Lackawanna River Heritage Trail actually begins in Dickson City and connects to the Scranton section of the trail.
- Explore history: Tap into the history of Dickson City with a visit to the neighboring Lackawanna County Coal Mine.
- Shopping and dining: Shop the local retail outlets or dine in one of many restaurant options of Dickson City. Viewmont Mall is home to many of the nation’s major stores and chain restaurants.
School Districts in Dickson City, PA
Encompassing 15 square miles, the Mid Valley School District serves Dickson City in Lackawanna County, Pennsylvania. The Mid Valley School District operates two schools: Mid Valley Elementary Center and Mid Valley Secondary Center.
Tools for Homebuyers in Dickson City, PA
Are you having trouble deciding which neighborhood or homes for sale in Dickson, PA, is best? Check out the following resources:
- Find a Real Estate Agent Near Me: If you are still looking for a property and would like to be assisted all the way through, the right REALTOR® in Dickson City, PA can help you.
- Guide for First-Time Homebuyers: This is a compilation of the best advice for those looking to buy their first home in Dickson City.
- FREE Homebuyer Consultation: Try a no-obligation consultation with an expert REALTOR® to help you find the perfect one among the search results for “homes for sale near me” in Dickson City.
- Homebuyer Frequently Asked Questions: This is a handy resource for anything you need to clarify regarding homebuying in the Dickson City area.
Home Inspectors in and around Dickson City, PA
Have you purchased a home in Dickson City or are in the process of doing so? Hiring one of these inspectors will give you some peace of mind as you take one step closer toward becoming a homeowner:
- Berardellihi Home Inspection — 1639 Newton Ransom Blvd, Clarks Summit, PA 18411 — Tom Berardelli — 570-351-7994
- National Property Inspections — 379 Aston Mountain Rd, Spring Brook Twp, PA 18444 — Tyler Long — 570-763-9628
- Total Inspection Solutions, LLC — P.O. Box 587, Dunmore, PA 18512 — Bob Petrillo — 570-335-4073
More Real Estate Search Options
If you’re not sure whether Dickson City, PA, is right for you, there are a myriad of other options in Pennsylvania when you search for “houses for sale near me.”
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Archbald, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Carbondale, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Clarks Summit, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Dunmore, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Factoryville, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Jessup, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Moscow, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Old Forge, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Pittston, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Scranton, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Tunkhannock, PA
- Commercial Properties for Sale in Dickson City, PA
- Lake Houses for Sale Near Scranton, PA
Is Dickson City a good place to live?
Dickson City, located in Lackawanna County, is a great place to live. It ranks as one of the better places to live in Pennsylvania, with lower crime rates and a high standard of living. As a suburb of Scranton, residents are not too far from “big city” amenities, but still enjoy the perks of small-town living.
What is the population of Dickson City, PA?
Dickson city has a population of just over 6,000 (2021).
What is Dickson City known for?
Dickson City is known for its rich history in coal mining. Formerly called Priceburg, the town once boasted a thriving coal industry that helped it become one of the most progressive villages in the area. Today, visitors can explore this cultural attraction at the Lackawanna Coal Mine Tour in nearby Scranton. Dickson City also offers a variety of experiences, including live music and theater shows, and is home to attractions like the Circle Drive-In and the Viewmont Mall. The town’s stunning Lehigh Valley Hospital serves as a modern landmark, providing essential medical services for the community. Dickson City continues to grow and evolve, attracting tourists and locals alike.
Where is Dickson City, PA?
Dickson City is situated just four miles north of Scranton, Pennsylvania.