Realty Network Group is the principal real estate agency in Northeastern Pennsylvania (NEPA) that features houses for sale Clarks Summit, PA. We specialize in matching homebuyers like you with home sellers in the local area. We can make your home purchase smoother and simpler through our in-depth experience in real estate and marketing tech. Continue reading to find out more about Clarks Summit, PA real estate, and all the area has to offer.
Houses for Sale Clarks Summit, PA
Find an Agent in and around Clarks Summit, PA
Facts about Clarks Summit, PA
If you’re looking for homes for sale Clarks Summit, PA offers an interesting history that attracts visitors and potential homeowners to its doors every year. In 1851, the first train traveled from Great Bend to Scranton, PA. It wasn’t long after that when Clarks Summit and the entire Abington area came into existence with the arrival of the Northern Electric Railway in 1907.
Between all of the cities within The Abingtons region, there is a population of over 20,000 residents. As such, it remains a fairly secluded area that’s perfect for families looking for affordable real estate and a quiet neighborhood.
Things To Do in and around Clarks Summit, PA
If you’re looking for real estate in Clarks Summit, PA, you’re in luck — there are plenty of recreational activities here, including Lackawanna State Park, Hillside Park and South Abington Park and Recreation Complex. There are also other places of interest here, such as:
- Lackawanna Coal Mine Tour: Though this attraction is located in Scranton, it’s on the outskirts of Bald Mountain, which resides mainly in the Abingtons/Clarks Summit.
- The Waverly Community House: Aka “The Comm,” has been the social and cultural center of the local community.
- Bald Mountain Trail and Pinnacle Rock: This is a popular hiking/walking trail in the Abingtons.
- Countryside Conservancy Trolley Trail: This southern segment of the trail connects from Clarks Summit to Dalton, including the option to visit the Ackerly Little League Fields.
- Lake Winola and Lake Scranton: Enjoy one of two lakes within 10 miles of the area.
- Family and Kids: Lahey Family Fun Park and Dracula’s Forest Haunted Attractions, Roba Family Farms and Lakeland Orchard & Cidery.
- Golf: Summit Hills Golf Course, The Country Club of Scranton and Glen Oak Country Club.
School Districts in Clarks Summit, PA
If you’re a family that’s looking for homes for sale, schools are a huge factor in your decision. Luckily, there are also real estate options in Clarks Summit within an award-winning school district. The Abington Heights School District is a mid-sized public school district.
Take some time to browse real estate and houses for sale in the Abington Heights School District.
South Abington Township is located in Lackawanna County, Pennsylvania. Abington Heights School District encompasses approximately 69 square miles.
Tools for Homebuyers in Clarks Summit, PA
For anyone seeking houses for sale Clarks Summit, PA, we’ve put together the following resources to help guide you in your real estate search:
- Find a Real Estate Agent Near Me: If you are still looking for a property and would like to be assisted all the way through, the right REALTOR® in Clarks Summit, PA can help you.
- Guide for First-Time Homebuyers: This is a compilation of the best advice for those looking to buy their first home in Clarks Summit, PA.
- FREE Homebuyer Consultation: Try a no-obligation consultation with an expert REALTOR® to help you find the perfect one among the search results for “homes for sale near me” in Clarks Summit.
- Homebuyer Frequently Asked Questions: This is a handy resource for anything you need to clarify regarding homebuying in the Clarks Summit area.
Home Inspectors in and around Clarks Summit, PA
Have you purchased a home in Clarks Summit or are in the process of doing so? Hiring one of these inspectors will give you some peace of mind as you take one step closer toward becoming a homeowner:
- Berardellihi Home Inspection — 1639 Newton Ransom Blvd, Clarks Summit, PA 18411 — Tom Berardelli — 570-351-7994
- National Property Inspections — 379 Aston Mountain Rd, Spring Brook Twp, PA 18444 — Tyler Long — 570-763-9628
- Total Inspection Solutions, LLC — P.O. Box 587, Dunmore, PA 18512 — Bob Petrillo — 570-335-4073
More Real Estate Search Options
Not looking for commercial properties or houses for sale Clarks Summit, PA? You may just find some options here:
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Archbald, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Carbondale, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Dickson City, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Dunmore, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Factoryville, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Jessup, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Moscow, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Old Forge, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Pittston, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Scranton, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Tunkhannock, PA
- Commercial Properties for Sale near Clarks Summit, PA
- Lake Houses for Sale Near Scranton, PA
Is Clarks Summit a nice place to live?
Clarks Summit is a wonderful town that is ideal for families looking for a great place to call home. With outstanding public schools and a strong sense of community, it’s no wonder why Clarks Summit ranks among the best places to live in Pennsylvania.
What is the sales tax in Clarks Summit, PA?
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania has a sales tax rate of 6% which is the Pennsylvania state sales tax. There are no additional taxes applicable on a county, city or special level. This means that all purchases made in Clarks Summit will have a sales tax of 6%.
Why is it called Clarks Summit, PA?
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania gets its name from William Clark, a Revolutionary War soldier who fought in the Battle of Bunker Hill. After the war, Clark settled in the area and became the first settler in what is now Clarks Summit. Because of his contributions to the area, the town was named in his honor. The “summit” part of the name refers to the fact that the town is situated on a summit in Northeastern Pennsylvania. Clarks Summit is part of a larger collective area known as the Abingtons.
What bridge is in Clarks Summit, PA?
The Freedom Bridge is located in Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania. It is the bridge that you cross when coming off the northeast extension of the Pennsylvania Turnpike to enter Clarks Summit. Standing at 163 feet tall, this bridge is one of the longest structures commissioned by The Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission. The bridge stretches over US 6/US 11 (Northern Blvd.), giving travelers a breathtaking view of the surrounding area. Visitors and locals alike often stop by to capture photos of this magnificent structure that can be seen from many places. Completed in 2014, the bridge carries a significant volume of vehicular traffic each day making it an important landmark in the area.