Realty Network Group is the leading real estate agency in Northeastern Pennsylvania (NEPA) that features homes for sale in Tunkhannock, PA. We specialize in matching homebuyers like you with home sellers in the local area. Discovering homes for sale and REALTORS® in Tunkhannock, PA might seem terrifying — luckily, we’ve done all the hard work for you. Find homes for sale and learn a little about the local area as well.
Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Tunkhannock, PA
Facts about Tunkhannock, PA
Tunkhannock, which is the county seat of Wyoming County, is within the greater Scranton and Wilkes-Barre metropolitan areas and has population of 1,699 (2020). The community’s name is based on an Indian term, which has been translated as “meeting of the waters.” In the past, lumbering was carried on extensively. Today, many residents are employed by the Procter & Gamble plant in nearby Washington Township.
Things To Do in and around Tunkhannock, PA
If you’re looking for houses for sale in Tunkhannock, PA, you’ll be pleased to know that there are a wealth of things to do while living here, including:
- Lazybrook Park: This 39-acre park boasts biking/walking trails, playgrounds, pavilions for gatherings, a restored bridge that dates back to 1881, some great fishing along the Tunkhannock Creek and more. Annually, it’s home to festivals including the NEPA Bluegrass Festival, Rotary Harvest & Wine Festival, Cornstock Folk Festival and more.
- Wyoming County Cultural Center at the Dietrich Theater: This restored theater, built in 1936 by George Dietrich, has been a permanent fixture in the downtown area. Over the years it has shown countless classic, blockbuster, independent and foreign films. It’s also home to seasonal film festivals, workshops and other events.
- Nimble Hill Winery & Brewery: Northeast Pennsylvania’s most versatile spot to taste local wine and craft beer produced from homegrown hops and grapes.
- Little Rocky Glen: This nature preserve, located east of town in Factoryville, is owned and protected by the Countryside Conservancy and it encompasses a shale and sandstone gorge, about one hundred feet deep. Located just off Route 6. Trails lead from the parking lot to cliffs overlooking the glen and down to a bottom pool and a picnic pavilion.
- Howland Preserve: Get back to nature and enjoy this 669-acre preserve in Wyoming County, along the Susquehanna River. Hikers, kayakers, photographers and even bird watchers enjoy this natural paradise for its beauty and abundant wildlife. The preserve features a draft horse barn from 1865 as well as wonderfully-kept trails in the Endless Mountains.
- Golf: Stone Hedge Golf Course is a great place to play a round of golf, have a bite to eat or experience arguably the area’s finest Christmas light display, the Festival of Lights. Another popular destination for golf in Tunkhannock is Shadowbrook Resort, which features an 18-hole course, restaurant/bar and event space.
- Nicholson Bridge: With 167,000 cubic yards of concrete, the Tunkhannock Creek Viaduct, which finished completion in 1915, still remains the world’s largest concrete bridge. Did you know former President Theodore Roosevelt, Thomas Edison and Henry Ford all came to visit this wonder of the world? Stop by today and check out this one-of-a-kind bridge.
- Creekside Gardens: It’s more than a gardening center, it’s an experience. There’s something to do here every season. Enjoy the butterfly habitat, food truck Fridays and be sure not to miss the awe-inspiring carved-pumpkin display at the Pumpkin House during Halloween.
- Lake Winola: This spring-fed lake is located in the Endless Mountains in Northeastern Pennsylvania. Lake Winola, east of town, has been and continues to be a popular summer spot for vacationers from Scranton and other surrounding communities since the early 1900s.
- Other Events: Besides those festivals, which take place at Lazybrook Park (listed above), this area also features the Founder’s Day Festival, the Wyoming County Fair and Christmas In Our Hometown.
- Camping: Wyoming County and beyond offer many great campsites, including Slumber Valley Campground, Stony Mountain Family Campground, Pine Cradle Lake Family Campground and others.
School Districts in Tunkhannock, PA
Tunkhannock Area School District is a midsized rural/suburban public school district serving most of Wyoming County in Northeastern Pennsylvania. This school district encompasses approximately 297 square miles and caters to over 2,200 students.
Tunkhannock Area School District operates four schools – The Primary Center, the Intermediate Center, the Stem Academy and Tunkhannock Area High School. It includes the municipalities of Eaton Township, Falls Township, Forkston Township, Lemon Township, Mehoopany Township, Monroe Township, North Branch Township, Northmoreland Township, Overfield Township, Tunkhannock Borough, Tunkhannock Township, Washington Township, Windham Township. The school mascot is the Tiger.
View available properties and houses for sale in the Tunkhannock Area School District.
Tools for Homebuyers in Tunkhannock, PA
It’s not always easy to find houses for sale, but you may find these tools useful:
- Find a Real Estate Agent Near Me: If you are still looking for a property and would like to be assisted all the way through, the right REALTOR® in Tunkhannock, PA can help you.
- Guide for First-Time Homebuyers: This is a compilation of the best advice for those looking to buy their first home in Tunkhannock.
- FREE Homebuyer Consultation: Try a no-obligation consultation with an expert REALTOR® to help you find the perfect one among the search results for “homes for sale near me” in Tunkhannock.
- Homebuyer Frequently Asked Questions: This is a handy resource for anything you need to clarify regarding homebuying in the Tunkhannock area.
More Real Estate Search Options
Searching online for “houses for sale near me,” or “homes for sale near me,” can take you various places. Fortunately, we’ve researched real estate for all the main areas of NEPA and presented them here for you:
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Archbald, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Carbondale, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Clarks Summit, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Dickson City, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Dunmore, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Factoryville, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Jessup, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Moscow, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Old Forge, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Pittston, PA
- Real Estate and Houses for Sale in Scranton, PA
- Commercial Properties for Sale Near Tunkhannock, PA
- Lake Houses for Sale Near Scranton