Mission, Vision, Beliefs
The Scranton School District, in partnership with the entire community, enables all students to achieve their
full potential as they grow into responsible and productive citizens.
We believe that:
● Education in a safe and motivating environment is a shared responsibility of the entire community;
● Academic, interpersonal, and career exploration skills are keys to success in a technological global society;
● Diversity is to be recognized, encouraged, and celebrated;
● Standards-based curriculum and instruction ensure equitable learning opportunities for all children.
Mission: The mission of the Scranton School District is to educate, inspire and empower students.
Vision: The vision of the Scranton School District is to educate students to their full potential and to prepare
them to be successful in all aspects of their lives.
Core beliefs and commitments:
• We believe that the best gift children can receive is a quality education.
• We believe that all children can learn to their full potential, and we respect their aspirations and goals.
• We believe in preparing our students to compete in a global society.
• We embrace the cultural diversity of our students and promote cultural awareness in education.
• We believe in a student-focused culture of continuous improvement and accountability.
• We believe in surrounding students with adults who are caring and nurturing, build self-esteem, foster ethics and
responsibility, and teach ways to set and achieve goals.
• We believe in engaging, empowering and encouraging teachers and school leaders to employ instructional
strategies that promote exploration and discovery, and to utilize differentiated learning strategies based on
individual student needs.
• We believe that the involvement of all stakeholders is vital to enriching the educational experience and is critical
to student success.
• We believe in providing a safe and secure learning environment where all students can achieve their goals.
(content from the Scranton School District Website)