SRES – Dianne Montana
SRES – Dianne: Ms. Montana, an Associate Broker with Realty Network Group, has been awarded the Seniors Real Estate Specialist (SRES®) designation by the Seniors Real Estate Specialist Council of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® (NAR).
Local REALTOR® Achieves National Recognition
Dianne joins more than 16,000 real estate professionals in North America who have earned the SRES® designation. All were required to successfully complete a comprehensive course in understanding the needs, considerations, and goals of real estate buyers and sellers aged 55 and older. With a decade of experience in connecting buyers and sellers through real estate sales, she looks forward to assisting many others in discovering their “forever” home.
SRES Council, founded in 2007, is the world’s largest association of real estate professionals focusing specifically on representing senior clients in real estate transactions. There are more than 16,000 active members of the organization world-wide. The NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®, “The Voice for Real Estate,” is America’s largest trade association, representing more than 1.3 million members involved in all aspects of the residential and commercial real estate industries.
Are you prepared for the future of real estate? Earn NAR’s SRES® Designation.
Seniors Real Estate Specialists® or SRES® designees are REALTORS® qualified to address the needs of home buyers and sellers age 50+.
By earning the SRES® Designation, you have demonstrated the necessary knowledge and expertise to counsel clients age 50+ through major financial and lifestyle transitions in relocating, refinancing, or selling the family home.
If you’re a REALTOR® and have interest in signing up for the Seniors Real Estate Specialists®, click here.
SRES® Program Information
The SRES® designation course seeks to instill knowledge and understanding of and empathy for 50+ real estate clients and customers.
Develop the business building skills and resources needed for specialization in the 50+ real estate market. The SRES® designation program provides professional training and development suitable for continuing education credit.
SRES® Designation Course Learning Objectives:
- Learn distinguishing characteristics and trends of the 50+ market so that you can discern them in your own market area
- Evaluate your market area attractiveness to the 50+ market
- Master the vocabulary of the range of housing options for the 50+ market
- Learn the application of federal laws for Housing for Older Persons Act (HOPA)
- Develop business building outreach methods for communicating and gaining 50+ market share
- Adapt methods for counseling the 50+ buyer and sellers
- Stay focused on the transaction and avoid inappropriate involvement in family matters
- Develop sensitivities to 50+ issues and priorities when counseling buyers and sellers, showing properties, and managing transactions
- Develop services that win and sustain client and customer relationships and position you as a trusted real estate advisor
- Assemble a team of experts to help you serve 50+ clients and customers
- Learn about the uses, benefits, procedures, and issues involved in reverse mortgages
- Learn about uses of pensions, 401k accounts, and IRAs in real estate transactions
- Gain an understanding of how Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security impact 50+ real estate decisions
- Recognize mortgage finance and loan schemes and scams that victimize 50+ borrowers
- Identify key life stages, viewpoints, and transitions in relation to housing choices
- Recognize how a home can be adapted for safety, comfort, and aging in place
- Help clients integrate disposition of real property into estate plans
[The above is taken from the SRES Website.]